What are the costs if you want to use the WhatsApp Business API for your company? Here is an overview.
WhatsApp Business API: the better WhatsApp
If you Whatsapp for your corporate communication, you are making a good choice. The chat program is still by far the most popular messenger in this country.
But: Um WhatsApp really GDPR compliant You have to rely on the WhatsApp Business App, API preferred! This is not a smartphone app, but a special interface (technical language: API) that is available to companies.
How do you get the WhatsApp Business API?
Would you like this WhatsApp Business version to be linked directly to your programs – for example a CRM for customer data management? Then your company has to be a direct Business Solution Partner (BSP) of Facebook, WhatsApp’s parent company.
This process is time consuming. You also need programmers who “address” the special interface of WhatsApp Business and connect it to your systems.
It is much easier and faster if you contact a so-called Internet Service Provider (ISP) such as Chatwerk. The WhatsApp Business API is integrated in our communication platform, which means that you can start communicating via WhatsApp immediately and without any effort.
WhatsApp Business API cost
Do you use WhatsApp Business Application programming interface Via a provider (the Internet Service Provider), you may incur various costs:
- a one-time fee for setting up the WhatsApp Business API
- monthly fees for use
- Extra costs, for example billing per message
You should always keep an eye on the three cost blocks when doing your research or comparing providers.
The most important thing: WhatsApp Business costs taking into account the API function
The market is very heterogeneous. If you do some research, you will find different offers with sometimes different costs for the WhatsApp Business API.
To make it easy for our customers, we rely on a transparent and simple price structure:
- At Chatwerk, the API will be retained, the WhatsApp Business API plus other messenger channels (e.g. Telegram, Facebook Messenger and Webchat) from 59 euros per month. This includes our platform, the Inbox, in which all messenger channels are bundled.
- You pay around 7 cents per message for push messages and responses to customer inquiries that you don’t answer within 24 hours. However, only after you have used up our free contingent.
You will receive further information as well as the current cost information at our price overview .
Why should you rely on WhatsApp for companies?
Yes, the WhatsApp Business API is not free in contrast to the “normal” WhatsApp or WhatsApp Business, but it is made entirely for Medium and large companies recommended. In return, you get several advantages, which justify the costs. These include:
- The WhatsApp Business API is 100% GDPR compliant. Facebook _not_ access your phone book or other customer data.
- You have the option of using chatbots to automate your customer communication.
- Several users can share an account.
You can find out more advantages of the WhatsApp Business API in our article “What is the WhatsApp Business API? The most important facts”.
[Erinnerung] Company to Company: Make your WhatsApp Business API enables and have a safer and better conversation with your customers.