What are the costs if you want to use the WhatsApp Business API for your company? Here is an overview.
WhatsApp Business API: the better version of WhatsApp
If you want to use WhatsApp for your corporate communications, you’ve made a good choice. The chat program is still by far the most popular messenger in this country.
But: In order to be able to handle WhatsApp in a truly DSGVO-compliant manner , you have to use the WhatsApp Business App, API preferred! This is not a smartphone app, but a special interface (technically: API) that is available to companies.
How to get WhatsApp Business API?
Would you like this WhatsApp Business version to be connected directly to your programs – for example a CRM for customer data management? Then your company must be a direct Business Solution Partner (BSP) of Facebook, the parent company of WhatsApp.
This process is time consuming. You also need programmers who “address” the special interface of WhatsApp Business and connect it to your systems.
It is much easier and faster if you contact a so-called Internet Service Provider (ISP) such as Chatwerk. The WhatsApp Business API is integrated into our communication platform, which means that you can start communicating via WhatsApp in accordance with data protection regulations immediately and without any effort.
If you use the WhatsApp Business Application Programming Interface via a provider (the Internet Service Provider), you may incur various costs:
- a one-time fee for setting up the WhatsApp Business API
- monthly usage fees
- Extra costs, for example one billing per message
You should always keep an eye on the three cost blocks when doing your research or comparing providers. There are many WhatsApp API providers in Germany.
The most important thing: the WhatsApp Business costs taking into account the API function
The market is very heterogeneous. If you do some research, you will find different offers with partly different costs for the WhatsApp Business API.
To make it easy for our customers, we rely on a transparent and simple price structure:
- Chatwerk es will receive the API, the WhatsApp Business API plus other messengers (e.g. Telegram, Facebook Messenger and Webchat) from 59 euros per month. This includes our platform, the inbox, in which all Messenger messengers are bundled.
- You pay about 7 cents per message for push messages and answers to customer inquiries that you do not answer within 24 hours. However, only after you have used up our free quota.
Further information as well as the current cost information can be found in our price overview.
Why you should use WhatsApp for business?
Yes, unlike the “normal” WhatsApp or WhatsApp Business, the WhatsApp Business API is not free, but it is highly recommended for Medium and Large Businesses. In return, you get several benefits that justify the cost. These include, among others:
- The WhatsApp Business API is 100% GDPR compliant. Facebook does not access your phone book or other customer data.
- You have the option of using chatbots to automate your customer communication.
- Multiple users can share one account.
You can find out more about the benefits of the WhatsApp Business API in our article “ What is the WhatsApp Business API? The most important facts”.
CHATWERK, THE SUPERCHAT FOR BUSINESSES
SME solution with chatbots, chat module and ticket assignment
Desktop app with notifications
Android & iPhone App
Messenger Newsletter in: FB Messenger, Telegram, Instagram, Google Business Messages and Webchat
Chatbots in all subscriptions
Integration in yellow pages, Das Örtliche and Das Telefonbuch
Google Business Messages
Specialized Marketing Opt-In
Webchat for websites in all packages
100% DSGVO/GDPR compliant
Labels / Conversation Tagging